The Church of St. Ignatius Loyola
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" ("To the Greater Glory of God")
980 Park Ave., Manhattan, NYC, NY.
Full spectrum color, high definition photo…
♰ The Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola is a Roman Catholic parish administered by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was built between 1895 & 1900 to the designs of architect J. William Schickel of Schickel and Ditmars, and dedicated on December 11, 1898. The church is constructed of American, European & African marbles. The church was declared a New York City Landmark on March 4, 1969 and added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 24, 1980.