Autocom Fitting service
Intercom. Kit-L1 Duo with 12v and colied. Comes with:- Main Unit, TWO headsets, Two Coiled extension leads, 12v bike wireing loom, short audio lead and short phone lead.
Whether you just want a simple portable rider phone and/or stereo music system, or just a rider bike-to-bike system, or perhaps a GPS and/or rider to passenger, this innovative new design can do it all, on any bike, at any speed, guaranteed, with or without earplugs, just how and when you want it. The new expandable logical mixing and control design sets new standards and again leads the way for others to follow, making it the logical choice for all your expandable rider audio communication needs.
The Autocom Kit L-1 comes with 6 Aux connections as standard for your choice of GPS, phones and stereo music plus bike-to-bike. You can even add an optional single or twin, plug-in stereo Bluetooth wireless module, all providing seamless connectivity for up to 6 or more devices. You can add an optional passenger headset at any time and/or a choice of bike fitting kits that makes it easy and neat to fit and power under the bikes seat, in a pocket or even tank bag etc. No other brand offers so much flexibility, performance or choice at any price.
• Ultra high quality, plug-in, noise cancelling boom microphone included with Autocoms noise cancelling headset • Does an incredible job of picking up your speech while rejecting the maximum amount of undesirable ambient helmet noise. The precision tuned ports at both front and rear of the ultra compact microphone/s, ensure that the surrounding noise effects the diaphragm equally from both sides and effectively cancels itself out (anti-phasing), whereas the users speech is directed mainly into just the one side, producing a superior speech signal in relation to a minimal noise pick up, and this design works far better than any other type of microphone used in a noisy environment.
• Independent tuned active noise reduction filters with speech boost Tuned active filter system • Work together with the noise cancelling microphones to ensure even less noise is amplified through the system or speakers (typically rejecting 99% noise at 70mph and 95% at 100mph), while also boosting speech for optimum high speed clarity and use up to 180mph.
• Voice activation (VOX) • Reliably turns the microphone/s 100% off while not speaking to ensure that ZERO noise is amplified through the speakers. This not only reduces riding fatigue but also means that all other audio such as bike-to-bike, GPS, phone and stereo music etc are completely free from any additional amplified noise.
• Logical, mixing and control with up to 6 Aux connections • For; bike-to-bike, stereo GPS, stereo phone, stereo music, etc. 4 Aux connections plus optional wireless Bluetooth interfaces (for a total of 6) and a range of optional leads, lets you customise your system to suit your needs, as and when you want. For more information please see the section below "Intelligent Audio, Wireless & Power Control".
• Optional single internal stereo Bluetooth wireless interface • For wireless stereo phone/GPS/music connections.
• Side-tone • Gives you the benefit of letting you hear your own voice clearly which helps you to naturally speak at the correct level according to varying helmet noise conditions, and this avoids unnecessary shouting that non-side-tone products normally suffer. Side-tone also provides you with important audio confirmation of correct VOX set-up and use, which improves rider to passenger communications as well as hands free voice activated bike-to-bike radio use. What you hear you know they will be hearing. Without side tone you simply cannot know this.
• Full duplex • Allows both rider and passenger to speak naturally and freely and at the same time, either to each other or while on the phone. With full duplex there is no need to wait for a break, or "over!" Important local information can be communicated instantly and effortlessly at all times, e.g., "watch out for that truck" etc., even while using any other inputs. Important rider-to- passenger communications are never interrupted or lost while using any other features.
• Independent rider and passenger master volume controls • Lets you manage the sound levels independently to each headset, making it ideal for use with or without earplugs or any combination. Each control is colour coded for easy identification at a glance.
• Independent high quality stereo amplifiers • Provides high quality stereo reproduction to each stereo headset.
• High power, super slim, stereo speakers • Ergonomically designed for maximum comfort, high quality speakers deliver all the sound you need for use with or without earplugs.
• High quality, robust, water resistant headset lead and connectors • Designed to quick release in an emergency, with large orientation markings to ease alignment, even with gloves on.
• 12 months manufacturers warranty • With options to extend the manufacturers warranty to two or three years, for a small addition cost when you register your new product details directly to the UK factory using the reply form on the back of the instruction manuals or via email within 14 days of the original purchase date.
*Some phones may require a personal hands free adaptor.
Intelligent Audio, Wireless & Powe
• Aux 1 - Intelligent Audio Input - designed for Bike-to-Bike •
Both rider and passenger can use an optional bike-to-bike radio connected to the hub, activated via the I-VOX system, providing easy and safe hands free use without losing the rider to passenger communications or any other functions. If you bike power your hub you can also bike power recommended bike-to-bike radios. Take advantage of the optional handlebar remote control to disable the VOX transmit mode providing privacy for rider-to-passenger communications, and then transmit bike-to-bike messages at any time by either pressing the press-to-talk (PTT) button, or toggle back to the normal VOX transmit mode. When the phone is in use and disables the VOX transmit function, the remote control PTT button lets you over-ride this so that you can transmit to other bikes even when on the phone. Incoming bike to bike audio on Aux 1 on either hub automatically reduces the stereo music level on both hubs Aux 4 to 50% to improve speech clarity.
• Aux 2 - Intelligent Audio Input - designed for Stereo GPS •
A GPS can be connected to the hub using an optional interface lead to suit, or if your GPS unit transmits Bluetooth, by using the optional integral stereo Bluetooth wireless interface. Incoming GPS audio on Aux 2 automatically reduces the stereo music on Aux 4 by 50% for improved GPS clarity. Note; you can use some phones via some GPS units, but in most cases you lose the important GPS audio and safety camera warnings while using the phone through a GPS. This is why we provide separate GPS stereo connectivity and separate phone connectivity to manage this better for you.
• Aux 3 - Intelligent Audio Input - designed for Stereo Phone •
Phones can be connected to the hub using the standard lead* supplied, or via the optional stereo Bluetooth interfaces, without losing the rider-to-passenger communications. You can use some phones via some GPS units but see the note in Aux 2 above. Incoming phone audio on Aux 3 automatically reduces the stereo music on Aux 4 by 100% and bike to bike/GPS audio by 50% to improve phone conversation. The VOX transmit mode for bike-to-bike is disabled so that your phone conversations are not broadcast out to other bikes.
• Aux 4 - Intelligent Audio Input - designed for Stereo Music •
Rider and passenger speech automatically reduce the stereo music on Aux 4 to 50%. It doesn’t cut completely just in case you like to sing along. Audio from Aux 1 and 2 also reduces the stereo music by 50%to improve audio quality, while incoming audio on Aux 3 fully cuts the stereo music for improved phone conversations.
• Aux 5 and 6 - Optional Single or Twin Stereo Bluetooth Module/s •
Each of the stereo Bluetooth modules lets you connect wirelessly to one or two Bluetooth devices, so long as one is using hands free profile (such as a mobile phone or GPS, etc) and the other uses advanced audio profile (A2DP, such as stereo devices, mp3 players, etc). The twin Bluetooth module lets you connect to between 1 and 4 Bluetooth devices. These internal modules simply plug inside the hub and pairing is easy and reliable, and once done automatic each time you use the system. Incoming audio on Aux 5/6 can be set to have the same effects as incoming audio would on Aux 2 or 3.
• Intelligent Power Control •
Perfectly designed for portable battery use using 3 AA batteries (not included) or optionally bike powered for mile after mile of fuss free use. Either way you simply get on, plug-in and ride. The system automatically turns on and off via the headsets (when used portable) or via the bikes ignition (when bike powered). Built-in noise suppression helps to prevent any electrical noise from the bike entering the system. Thermal overload and reverse polarity protection help to protect your investment and let you enjoy a trouble free long life experience.
• Intelligent VOX with Ultra High Quality Rider and Passenger Headsets •
When either person speaks, the VOX system automatically turns on the microphones, reduces the stereo music, and transmits the bike-to-bike radio, for safer hands free use. When you stop speaking the microphone automatically turns off and the music gently glides back to its normal level. High quality, robust, water resistant, connectors and leads are custom designed for easy, safe and comfortable use and quick release in an emergency. Built to last but also easy to service or replace. Optional neat on-bike rubber socket holders with water resistant dust caps provide that professional finishing touch.
*some phones may require a headset adaptor to suit the standard phone lead 2.5mm plug (available from Autocom and most phone shops)
For most of the time your Autocom Kit L-1 is going to be perfect used as a portable, but for those longer trips, why not bike power it!